Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and a few other things that happened!

This is my Happy Thanksgiving picture because I forgot to take my camera to the actual Thanksgiving dinner. Harrison was being such a stinker and wouldn't look at me, but he had a good time playing in the leaves with Macy.


I love giving these two baths together. They are so cute and Avery thinks Harrison is the greatest thing ever. She is so fascinated with him, and he is a sweet big brother.

We went up to Rexburg, ID the weekend after Thanksgiving for my nephew Mason's baptism. I was wonderful. My brother, who has been serving in Iraq, was able to come home for 2 weeks to be able to baptize him. It was really a special day. It was great to get to see Jeff and spend time with him and his family. I love my brother so much and we all miss him a lot.
Avery enjoyed the baptism refreshments.
She is so cute.
Harrison, as always, enjoyed the treats as well.
....what can I say? I will for sure put this picture in his wedding video one day. A little word on his potty training. It's going quite well. We still have a few accidents, mostly with #2, and we USUALLY wake up to a dry bed. I would say he's pretty much got it, just a little more practice. I think by the time he's 3 he'll have it mastered. Didn't you tell me 3 was the magic age mom??? You were right.
Here are a few shots of Avery in her Christmas dress. She looked so cute and perfect, but she was SO slippery. I love the dress, but it really was hard to hang onto her during sacrament meeting....the things girls do for beauty!

We left Harrison down stairs with a cookie and a movie and he came up and said, "Daddy, I made a little mess." I don't know how he got so much chocolate on his face from a cookie.
Christmas Eve at my parents was fun. I have to document that I totally love this little outfit that Avery is wearing.
This is one of the few smiles we got out of Harrison Christmas Eve. He was sick with a high fever. Nick and I kept asking, "Buddy are you not feeling very good?" He would reply, "No mommy I am feeling very good." He hates to be sick because all he wants to do is play. I think that's how most kids are. He is feeling better now, although as I am blogging he is in bed coughing. It's the most wonderful time of the year!
We didn't take too many pictures opening presents on Christmas morning because neither Nick or I wanted to miss any of the action. Harrison got this super cool shield. He's been asking for one ever since he saw How to Train Your Dragon. Santa brought Avery a little walker, you know the kind with wheels that they don't make too often because kids walk them right down the stairs. She loves it. Her feet don't touch the ground yet so she just sits there and swings her legs to the music.

Nick scored us some free passes for a sleigh ride and dinner at the Snowed Inn at Park City Mountain Resort. It was so much fun. The food was great and the sleigh ride was awesome. The horses even had on jingle bells. It really got me in the Christmas spirit. Nick totally made one of my dreams come true. It was wonderful.
It was so cold, we left Avery with my sister. I think Harrison loved the one on one attention.
I love these two boys so much!

I hope that the holidays found you close to your family and friends. Family is the best and Thanksgiving and Christmas just wouldn't be the same without them. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful family. I don't know where I would be without them.

1 comment:

The Lymans said...

Glad you had a wonderful holiday season. Looks like so much fun! You have a very cute family.