Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lake Powell was an adventure to say the least....but we had fun. This was our first trip down with both kids. Nick and I had a great plan to drive down to Bull Frog in the evening (so the kids would sleep) and sleep in the truck when we got there. Then the next morning we would launch the boat and go find a camp spot. Our truck had a little break down about half way, which my handy man Nick fixed right up. We got there with the kids not having slept as we would have hoped. Then I slept in the back of the truck with Avery on an air mattress that we quickly found out had a hole in it, and Nick crammed on the front seat of the truck with Harrison in the back seat. After a very restful nights sleep we found a great spot to camp with Nick's family. And the rest and relaxation began.....sort of. It is a lot of work to take two little kids to Lake Powell....

At our truck breakdown spot we had a little photo shoot to kill some time.





Napping kids are the best....
....grumpy kids in the morning are not the best.

Harrison had a great time swimming with his cousins. Again, for memories sake, on this trip one morning Harrison was whining so much that I threw him in the lake. We were out in the deep water and he had his life jacket on and I told him if he didn't quit he was going to get tossed in the lake. He didn't quit...so I picked him up and dropped him in. Obviously he came up still crying but man, it felt so good. He rode the rest of the day with grandma and grandpa telling them "My mom is so mean...she just threw me in the lake."

No comments: