Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7th


Today was Harrison's first birthday. We made it to one year old. I have been looking back at all the pictures we have taken and I can't believe how much he has grown. I hardly even remember how little and tiny he was. I guess part of me misses my little baby. Today I found myself holding him longer after I rocked him to sleep for bed, and trying to cuddle him more (which he does not like). I'm happy that he is a little older now too. I love to make him giggle and I LOVE that he is sleeping through the night. He is walking...sort of. He needs a little help to stand up, but then he lets go and is on his way. We went and got his one year pictures today and the little stinker wouldn't even smile. The lady put us in the first photo spot (the one where if you are walking around the mall you can watch the people get their pictures done). With the entire mall watching Nick and I were acting like dorks trying to get him to laugh and he refused to crack even one smile. Oh well, I guess that's how it goes. When I held him for the first time I couldn't have imagined what the year would bring. It's been so wonderful, and we are looking forward to many more.

My 5 most favorite things about him are:

1 He has the best laugh.

2 He loves our dog "ce ce" (her name is really Macy).

3 If I can't get him to eat anything else, he will always eat a pancake.

4 He lets me sing him to sleep and he doesn't care that I don't have the best singing voice.

5 He gives me the biggest kisses when I come home from work.

No comments: