Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's go time....

That's what Nick said on Sunday night. This is my first week without my mom coming over to help me out.....scary! I am feeling a little overwhelmed, like I am never going to figure out how to go anywhere or do anything alone with my kids ever again. Does anyone else feel like this? Yesterday I managed to get everyone, including myself, dressed and ready, fed and changed and napped (by the time we were all ready, it was nap time). Then around 4:00 PM, yes, that's how long it took pathetic I know, we ventured to the library to get some new books, and then made it home in one piece.
I finally got Harrison to hold Avery! Believe it or not he really hasn't wanted to hold her or mess with her much. He just likes to kiss her. They are so cute. As soon as I got done taking this picture he let her go and she fell over. Luckily she's a tough girl and didn't care too much!

Harrison on Sunday morning. I don't know why he looks so mad. He was probably thinking, "Man, it's been 2 weeks and that baby is still here."
Avery's first tub bath. Her cord finally came off on Saturday and I couldn't find it anywhere. Today, I found it under the couch. I know that's kind of gross, I don't know how it got under there. Anyway, she loves to take a bath. She didn't cry at all even when daddy dropped the camera on her!
What I wish we were all doing more of.....

3 comments:

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

I totally know how you are feeling. I was just there 6 1/2 months ago. I thought I would NEVER be able to do it alone. But I am, today we all walked around downtown Annapolis (me and the kids and Megan Hotchkiss to be precise). 6 months ago I never would have fathomed being able to take the 2 with me alone. You'll get it, just give it time.

Silvia said...

LOL How in the world did the cord get under the couch?! That is just too funny! Cute pictures!

hollyjared said...

Im glad Im not the only one that cant get out of the house before nap time ha. I never thought I could go anywhere with these 2 monkeys but Im starting to and its getting easier every time I do. So it will get easier hang in there.